Solarcentury at Clean Energy Live 2016
If you’re visiting Clean Energy Live tomorrow in Birmingham, look out for Solarcentury people who will be discussing a range of subjects during the show, from talking about what makes Solarcentury one of the world’s most successful solar companies, to developing large scale solar projects in sub Sahara Africa, drawing on experience from building some of Kenya’s largest solar systems.
Look forward to meeting you!
Tuesday, October 04, 2016 – 11:20 – 11:40
• What are the leading companies in solar doing?
• How could you adapt your business model?
• Breaking into new segments: how are you recruiting?
• Susannah Wood – CMO, Head of Residential Solar – Solarcentury
• Michael Beale – Head of Development and PPAs – Litghtsource Renewable Energy
Wed, October 05, 2016 – 12:10 – 13:05
• Market outlook – which countries provide the best opportunities
• Finding a credible and reliable off-taker
• What do you need to know when dealing with industrial energy users
• Navigating through currency and political risks
• Daniel Davies – Director of Hybrid Power Systems – Solarcentury
• James Mittel – Investment Manager – Actis
• Manny Ajuwon – CEO – Oreed Group
Wed, October 05, 2016 – 14:00 – 15:00
Opportunities to create value with your energy
Scene setting for corporates
• Post-COP21 and importance of Science Based Targets
• Change in Scope 2 guidance
• Carbon labelling of renewable tariffs
• CDP scoring benefits
• Impact on their energy strategy and costs
• Examples of what leading organisations are doing
Options for renewables
• On site PPA, renewable tariff, purchasing certificates (and how this relates to geographies of the location of generators and where corporates operate)
• What all this means
• A summary of the considerations and potential issues – from a developer and a corporate perspective
• Guy Rickard – Senior Consultant, Business Services, Carbon Trust
• Hugh Jones – Managing Director, Business Services , Carbon Trust
• Caroline Hill – Head of Sustainability, Land Securities
• Mike Shirley – Head of Marketing, SmartestEnergy
• Suzanna Lashford – Head of Commercial Sales, Solarcentury